Year 6 have been finding out about the Dogs Helping Kids charity - our chosen charity for non-uniform day.
The charity provides carefully selected dogs which are trained to an incredibly high standard before working in schools and colleges across the country. The dogs are used as educational and therapeutic aids and have been proven to:
- Improve academic achievement
- Increase literacy skills
- Calm behaviour down
- Increase social skills and self-esteem
- Increase confidence
- Teach responsibility and respect to all life
- Help to prevent truancy and absenteeism
- Motivate children who are often not that attentive within classroom environments
Quote from Simmy in jade class "Dogs help children to stay calm and stop them being stressed."